Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dance

Good morning everyone. I have a layout to share with you today that I created for  Page Maps Sketch Conversion Challenge where you convert a 8.5 x 11 sketch to a 12 x 12 layout.  I knew when I saw the sketch that I had to work with it. I love working with a white background, but I have to admit it's hard to get a decent picture, especially since the last few days it has been cloudy and raining here.
I snagged the adorable pictures from my friend's FB page.  When I saw them I thought of the song by Lee Ann Womack, I Hope You Dance.  I printed out the lyrics of the song and included them on my layout.

Here is the sketch we had to work with:

A closeup of the song lyrics, along with some white tickets from Purple Pumpkin
and star confetti from UmWow Studio,which I painted white and then added some glitter.

Love adding clusters to my layouts. 


A quick tip for those who want to outline shapes and a punched border.   I used a Candy Pink Zig Writer,  pen (1.22 mm tip) and placed my pieces on a scrap paper and gently guided my pen along the outer edges to create the outlined effect.  I also used this technique on the Purple Pumpkin tickets.

 Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

Supplies:
Bazzill cardstock
Bazzill Vintage Market Place Paper
Martha Stewart Flower Shower border punch
Mister Hueys Opaque White
Martha Stewart glitter
Recollections flowers
K & Company butterflies
Purple Pumpkin Embellishments
Um Wow Studio Star Confetti chipboard
Zig Memory Writer - Candy Pink

5 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Love how you've used the PP tickets & yes, your clusters really are beautiful....great job, here, Debbie:):):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How funny we both used this song on our recent lo's! I love that!!! And I loveeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING how you added the lyrics, the colors and those sweet photos!!!

Ashley Horton said...

So pretty Debbie!! Love how you included the lyrics from the song!!

Denise Price said...

Great idea to combine these photos with that song. You've created a very inspirational piece.

Judith said...

Congrats on your PageMaps win. Your page is gorgeous