Monday, August 27, 2012

Remember When

I was sitting out on my deck this morning drinking my coffee and watched as mothers gathered at the bus stop with their kids, busily taking pictures. My how times flies and oh how I miss those days.  Today was back to school for the kids!  Not mine, they've been finished with school for years. The beginning of the new school year also signals the approach of Autumn, one of my favorite seasons.  I noticed today a few trees here and there with leaves already turning color.  With the hot Summer we have had this year, I am looking forward to the cooler Autumn weather.   I had some free time over the weekend and completed this layout using the August Sketch #3 from the Kaisercraft blog and papers from their Lake House and Sweet Nothings collections.
 I came across this old picture of my parents from long ago.  It doesn't have a date on it, but I'm pretty sure it was taken sometime in the first couple of years of their marriage.  I think they made a lovely couple.

This is the first time I have entered a layout using one of Kaisercraft's sketches, and here is the one I based my layout on:
   
A lot of layering and fussy cut work!


Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

10 comments:

Tammy E. said...

Glad to see you posting. You are so good to use kits. And do such a grear job with them. This is beautiful, including that great photo. I am sure it gives you comfort to know the happiness in your parents' lives back then.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Beautiful job, Debbie! Love that famous fussy cutting of yours!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Beautiful job, Debbie! Love that famous fussy cutting of yours!

Audrey Frelx said...

Debbie, this is beautiful!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that photo, and love love love all those flowers!!!! WOW!!!!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Love your thoughts too.

Cindy Gay said...

I love the picture and you crated a lovely page and memory here!

Lea said...

Great photo! The fussy cutting on this is amazing and I love that blue lacy looking paper.

Angi Barrs said...

Super gorgeous page! Love the flowers.

yyam said...

Classy. Just love the photo and the gorgeous blooms! :)