Sunday, July 29, 2012

"For You" Get Creative July Card Challenge

I can mark another challenge off my list.  It might be last minute, but I'll take that!!!  I fell in love with the July card sketch at Get Creative when I saw it earlier this month and really wanted to take on the challenge.  I still had my papers out from Webster's Pages Everyday Poetry collection and thought why not use them to create this card for my mom.

Here is their July sketch:
It's been another rough week with my mom's health and my sister and I have had a lot of issues to tackle.  I made this card for my mom and truly do hope that she will enjoy it.  Lately no matter what I do for her she is always negative towards me.  It's so sad to see what the Alzheimers has done to her brain and the way it processes things.

Some fussy cut work along with a metal frame by Making Memories!

Hope everyone has enjoyed the weekend.  We got some much needed rain last night and some cooler temperatures today.  Hope the nice weather can stay for awhile.

Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

10 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Debbie, this card is beautiful!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry to hear about your Mom... I am sure deep down she will love your card!! I love love love the colors and loving the flowers!!!! Just BEAUTIFUL Debbie!!!

Ginger said...

Gorgeous card! I am glad you took the time away from everything to complete your card!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Sooo pretty and elegant. Love it!

yyam said...

Such a beautiful card Debbie! Just love the stitching.

Sorry to hear about your mom. I know you always look forward to good days with her. Thinking of you...

Unknown said...

A beautiful card Debbie, it is you at your best :0)

Lots of hugs to you...chin up xx

puccarina said...

I love your card! Your stiching is so neat! I know how hard is to make on paper clean stiches...Thank's for playing with us at Get Creative ;)

Angi Barrs said...

Such a gorgeous card. So sorry to hear about your mom. Hugs to ya.

Christina V. said...

Lovely card Debbie! Perfect fussy-cutting! Good luck with the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, what a fabulous card and great take on our sketch, Love the stitching and all of your beautiful elements thank you so much for sharing with us at Get Creative and good luck.

Marie