Monday, June 25, 2012

Finally . . .

Well, its' been over 12 days since I posted a layout and I'm happy to say that I've got one to share with you. It may have been sitting on my scrapbook table for awhile as I slowly worked on it, but given how I have felt lately it was a good feeling to get it finally completed. I used my June kit from Artful Delight packed with Simple Stories Summer Fresh papers and stickers, perfect for beach pictures and the sunshine theme for the  June 1st challenge at Get Creative.  Before I share it with you I wanted to thank everyone that left me so many kind and encouraging comments on my last post. They meant a lot to me!  Today I'm in a good place and I hope that it continues.
Working on this layout was a walk down memory lane.  The year, 1989 and my son and his cousin enjoying sun filled days at the beach.  There is a year difference between the two of them and summer vacation at the beach they were always inseparable.  My little guy in the pictures in the one holding the bottle!  I really enjoyed working with the Summer Fresh Collection by Simple Stories.  

On another note Saturday my sister and I went to the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Virginia.  It's been years since I attended it.  I did get to meet and talk with Jenni Bowlin who had a booth there.  She is truly one sweet person.  I loved her booth decorated with some fabulous layouts,  her new products and lots and lots of vintage goodies. I also got to meet and talk with Jill Yegerlehner, owner of Jillibean Soup.    It was nice to meet the faces behind these two companies.  

 Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

15 comments:

Lea said...

So glad to see a new creation and what a layout this is. Love the way you blocked out the different papers and just the overall placement of everything is fabulous. Very eye catching!

Anne P said...

Beautiful page, so fun and bright.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh I am IN LOVE with your lo!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos, the design, the bright, happy colors!!! GORGEOUS!!! And glad you got to go to the convention... Jenni and Jill are just the sweetest!!! I loveeeeeee them!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Love your Happy Page!

Unknown said...

Hope this layout is reflective of how you feel.....full of sunshine, happy and brimming over with fun :0) x

April said...

Such a great page Debbie! I'm glad to see you scrapping again. :) And lucky you getting to meet Jenni and Jill!!

EFI said...

Gorgeous layout with wonderful colors and embellishments! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Get Creative!

Cindy Gay said...

It's a fun page Debbie. Like the primary colors and the word strip. Would love to meet you sometime at GASC!

Ashley Horton said...

This is such a fun page Debbie, and you did an amazing job with the Simple Stories! Love how you mixed all of the fun patterns and this is a great design!! How fun that you got to meet Jenni Bowlin!! :) I hope you have been having some better days over the past week!!

Elina said...

Just wonderful!!!! I love each and every detail on it!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Get Creative Debbie!!!! Good luck!!!

Elena Stefanidou said...

Wow!this is so rich,full of bright summer colors.I love it!Thanks for joining us at GC and good luck

Melenia Agapides said...

Wow, talk about details!! Wonderful, happy, playful!! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at GC!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, so much detail!

Lynne said...

This is so pretty.....I really love how you mix and layer your papers & embellies! Awesome summer page!

Kim said...

What a Super Cute page!! Lots of fun colors and embellies! Cute photos too! They grow up so fast!
~Kim