Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Family Life

It feels good to have a little spare time to create a layout.  My crafty time has taken a hugh hit as of late, with most of my free time being spent taking care of my mom.

Lately I have been drawn to scrapping old family photos of my mom.  I guess with so much of my time focused on her failing health, it seems fitting to get some layouts done highlighting her times as a child, or in this case as a teenager.  I found a photo of my mom and her siblings all gathered together on the couch with their parents.



I used the new sketch over at Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesdays Challenge, created by DT member Karin:
I love the new manufacturer Authentique Paper and used their Spendid collection on my layout.

I broke out my never before used Tim Holtz Tattered flowers die and made these beautiful flowers:
Not sure where the buttons came from.  They were in my stash and at some time were part of a kit that I had purchased.

Just a reminder . . . Frosted Designs is having a DT call.  If you would like to be a part of our great DT, please check out the details here.

Thanks for stopping by!
. . .  Debbie


Supplies used:  Authentique Paper Splendid Collection, Webster's Pages Wonderfall Collection, Die Cuts With A View cardstock, Tim Holtz Tatterd Florals Die, K & Company frame, Tsukineko Jumbo Java ink.

9 comments:

Alena-lilavadi Savinova said...

Получилось очень здорово!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this Debbie! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee that photo, the frame and loving the different papers you used on here! BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):)

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a great page, Miss Debbie .. love this one and your ARtful Delight page from yesterday. I have been using some of the Authentique papers as well . what great quality paper! This one os yummy. Hope you take care of yourself right now too .. cyberhugs coming your way!

yyam said...

Oh wow! Love that pop of purple! And that frame! Love how you scrap vintage photos!

Nanne said...

Stunning layout and once again I luv all of your layering and small details.
Hugs
Nanné
p.s sorry for not stopping by more often :(

BabyBokChoy said...

This is a beautiful page and a sure family treasure and I'm glad you broke out those Tim Holtz flower dies and they look like a must-have for me!! Take care Debbie and best wishes to you and yours!!

June Houck said...

Debbie, this is beautiful!

Andrea Amu said...

I always find it so fun to reminisce and scrap the old vintage photos! I need to make an effort to do more of them myself!

This is really grand, and I love the Authentic papers!

Maria Elena said...

Great page Debbie... Love how the purple flowers came out !
Thanks for commenting in my blog ;)
Have a great Thursday !
~Maria Elena~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/