Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's Snowing Here -----------

Yep, that's right, it's snowing here!  It's one of those days when you just want to stay inside.  We are expecting anywhere from 5 to 10 inches with a little sleet mixed in. 
I've been a little MIA these past few days, sick with the flu bug.  I'm feeling a little bit better and hope to catch up on all of your blogs.
I wanted to share a layout I made last week using the January kit from Lucky Girls Crafts.  I won their January blog hop prize and had a $25.00 credit to their store, so I ordered their January Forever Love kit. 
The beautiful woman in the picture is my grandmother, whom we lost to breast cancer many years ago.  This picture of her was taken shortly before she was diagnosed.  
Oh how I miss her.  
Here are a few close ups:

I also have some news to share!!  
Julie Tucker-Wolek has a great challenge blog, These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things and I've been chosen to be a part of her design team!
I'm super excited and can't wait to work with her 24, yes I said 24 amazing DT members!  The blog is all about favorites!  Something new and challenging for me!  My first project will be revealed on February 15th and I can't wait !  
I hope today to finish my layout for the current Sketch Along Tuesdays Sketch Challenge at Frosted Designs.  Our reveal was yesterday and I had started a layout and then came down with the flu.   Please make sure you check out what our amazing DT has created and what are two guest designers have to share.  We've got an amazing prize up for grabs:
and, while you at it, stop on over at Artful Delight to check out Leeanne's  fabulous February kit:
If you love Graphic 45 and Prima, then you are going to want to purchase this kit.
Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

K-E Kreations said...

Congratulations on the DT!

It's a beautiful LO of your grandmother.

Lea said...

Stunning layout!!! Love that floral edging and the diary page you used! Congrats on the Fave Things DT!!! You do awesome work! Hope you're feeling better soon :)!!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Fabulous layout! I am sorry you are sick..hope you feel better very soon. Congratulations on you DT spot! awesome.

Maria Elena said...

Great LO !!! get well pretty soon and congratulations for your DT ... You rock !

Keep warm,
Have a great Wednesday ;-)
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful layout Debbie. And Big Congrats to ya on the DT spot. You go girl! Love your work. :)

Hanneke said...

I am so excited that you are one of the Fave Girls!! Can't wait to work with you!!!
Hugs, Hanneke

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hope you feel better soon!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that lo! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE all the cutout work!! And YAYYYYYYYYYYYY for you joining FAVE THINGS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mel said...

Wow so much to comment on - the layout is just beautiful and what a gorgeous tribute to your special mum, and congrats on the DT, that is awesome, and wow snowing, we went to bed with the air-con on last night here, stinkin hot, but what a great reason to stay home and scrap, hope you are feeling better soon. Love Melxx

Jennifer Shaw said...

Hi Debbie!! What a lovely LO to remember your grandmother!! The fancy cutting is amazing and what a wonderful kit! Congrats on your win!! That is great that you are part of a new DT. I'm off to check out the site. Feel better and stay warm!! :) We have rain here today which is weird because all it has done all month is snow.

Cindy Gay said...

She's pretty! And I like the pink lace!

missusem said...

Congrats on your DT spot! :) :) Looking forward to working with you!!

Kelly Massman said...

Congrats! And thanks for sharing your gorgeous lo!

artfuldelight said...

Beautiful LO! Congrats on the DT spot. Your work is amazing. We got snow too, I think we are up to 8-10" or so. The plows stink around here, I haven't seen one all day.

I certainly hope you feel better soon, flu bug is the worst.

Barb Craft said...

So... you probably don't want to hear that I was driving with my windows down today?!! LOL!! Sorry to hear you are getting hit with more snow... big bummer! Your LO is stunning! Love the way you fussy cut the flowers at the bottom and all the layering! And what a fabulous picture of your grandmother!
Barb :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Absolutely gorgeous page! Sorry to hear you've been sick but glad you are better! Congrats on the DT .. should be a great new twist for you!

all the days of our life said...

Omgosh Debbie this is GORGEOUS!!!! I just love all the cut work. That photo of your Grandmom is beautiful. Hope you feel better soon.

Jocelyn said...

So sorry to hear that you had the FLU!!!!

Love that kit......the LO is just adorable!!!!

Wow we were really hit hard...this stuff is so heavy.....I cannot get out and push a shovel, so I will have to wait for help!!!

Congrats on making TAAFOMFT's Team!!!! Julie and the team are just awesome!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Have a great one!!!

D said...

Congrats on your new design team girl! Sorry you have been sick and now have to deal with snow :( Your layout of your grandma is beautiful.

Andrea Amu said...

Okay, I think I maybe able to post a comment here again... let's try it, lol!

Sorry to here you haven't been feeling well again! You sure have had a rough time of it with the sickies, girl! Feel better soon!

And wow... I love this page! That PP line is so gorgeous here and what a great photo remembrance of your Grandmom!

Congrats too on the new dt! No surprise though, cuz your work is amazing! :)

Denise said...

Congrats on the new dt!! Love this lo..the cutting is fab!

li-bee-ti said...

Breathtaking! No other words.
I love every little (and big...) detail about this lo. What a tribute to your grandma.
I'm so sorry to see that you were sick again. I hope you're getting better more and more.
And big Congrats on the new DT position!!!! Way to go, girl!

Sabr said...

What a beautiful page!!