Thursday, September 30, 2010

You Are The Apple Of My Eye

This layout is of my daughter when she was just 3 1/2 years old.  The picture was taken at her preschool.
  As much as she wanted to go to preschool, it took her some time to settle in. I'm sure you can tell by the trembling little smile on her face.  I wanted to do something different this time with my picture.  I changed it to black and white and then colorized the little apple pin she was wearing on her dress.
My layout is based on the new sketch this week over at Sketches In Thyme
Another great sketch by Helen Croft over at Scrap A Little.  
Make sure you stop by to see what are amazing DT has done and join in on the challenge.
I used paper by My Mind's Eye, October Afternoon and Crate Paper.  I added embellishments from Crate Paper's School Spirit collection along with that cute little felt flower and the owl and bird buttons that I purchased over at the Purple Pumpkin
I cut the tree from my Cricut cartridge Straight From The Nest.  I cut it in two sizes, inked it and added some faux stitching and of course pop up dots.
Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for my DT reveal for Stuck On U Sketches.
Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

20 comments:

Samantha Hauzer said...

Super cute layout Debbie!! Love the tree, and of course the PP buttons look great on there :) :)

Debbie Bakk said...

Love your layout- especially the tree and like all the other embellishments you added to your page. Love how you have the Black and white photo with that little pop of red- is that an apple? how cute.

Lea said...

Great LO! I love what you did with the picture!!! And I love the tree!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Adorable picture and great page! Love all your details and that layered tree is awesome too. Happy Thursday!

Dawnll said...

This is just adorable, love that you changed to black and white and only colored the pin.

Jocelyn said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH I adore this one Debbie...What great papers and I love all the goodies on the page!!!

You are so talented!!!! Wishing you a Fabulous day...

I am breaking out the boat....the backyard is already a pond and the water is creeping up from the bay.....Oh dear the winds are supposed to get up and pray these trees stay and do not come down on the house...How about I start rowing to your house!!!

all the days of our life said...

This is gorgeous, Debbie. I love your interpretation of the sketch. Great embellishments.

Barb Craft said...

Debbie.. this is sooooo adorable!! As a former teacher... I adore the whole school theme!! And even though I received my share of apples when I was teaching, I totally adore the apples on this tree!! Love all you layering!!
Barb :)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Love all the layers, the photo, and the embellishments. The apple tree is my fave!

Hugs
Tanya

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is a wonderful layout as always. Love it.

Cindy Gay said...

What a dear. Love apples and love that she wore the pin and how you toned it!

Mel said...

Debbie, this is one absolutely gorgeous layout, the little apple on the tree, and wow I love the photo printed in b & W and then the apple highlighted, what photo editor do you use, I have Photoscape. but truly I pray that if you have applied for the DT you speak of that you get on because your work is amazing.

My boy Nate is the same age as your little girl in the pics, they are just so precious and innocent hey. She is just so cute and yes I can see she is a little scared. So delicate. Love to you and your family. Melxx

Ness said...

oh i love what you have done here. Great technique on the photo, love the color combo and all your embellies. Love Ness xx

Unknown said...

Adorable! Love the apple tree.

Audrey Frelx said...

What a cute layout, Debbie; and your daughter is just a cutie too!

Fern said...

Debbie, I love the little school theme you have going on here, and the apples and tree are wonderful!! Cute, cute photo of your daughter and I love what you did with it!!! Another fabulous layout gf!!! Hugs!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Those little apples on the tree are fab. Love this.

Cindy Gay said...

Debbie. . . you're a doll to comment so fast on my Sunday Drive layout. I love yours too. Don't you just love "Cosmo Cricket"? Have a beautiful Sunday!
Cindy

li-bee-ti said...

What a lovely photo! I was sure it was you on that photo.... Great idea to make it B/W and color only one detail of it.
And once again I'm impressed by how you put all those embellishment so well together.
I love how you inked the edges of the double layered tree and those little apples on it are too cute!

Kathy said...

Precious!! What a cute line! Love the chipboard!