Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Big Cleanup!

Hope all of you are enjoying this beautiful weekend.  Believe it or not I have not done any scrapbooking this weekend.  Felt it was time to catch up some things around the house that I had let go.    I also spent the better part of my weekend cleaning up outside.  You see I have several large pine trees in my side  and front yard.  They were full of pine cones and with all of the windy weather we had this winter, the majority of them ended up on the ground.  What a job!  Every time I felt like I had a hold on the situation, I would  look around the yard and see a sea of pine cones.  So far I have 7 recycle bags full, and I haven't even finished a quarter of my yard!  What is even more discouraging, is when I look up in the trees, all I can see are more pine cones. Me thinks there might be a pine cone layout coming up! I know that spring is right around the corner and I can't wait.  I see all types of growth in my flower gardens and can't wait to make my yearly trip to buy annuals to plant amongst all my perennials.  Well I'm off to wash my hands again.  I wore garden gloves when I was picking up the pine cones, but for some reason I have sap all over my hands,  Figure that one out!  Maybe I should have a contest - guess the number of pine cones!!!!

3 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Debbie, I am so excited about this post. Seriously! I've been so enamored over all your garden layouts this past year that it is fun to see where all this begins .. with hard work and lots of grounds keeping. What a chore but I know from your garden photos that you love it to the bone! Have a great week!

Fern said...

Wow, Debbie! That's a lot of pine cones to have to pick up!! But on the bright side, it looks like your having a beautiful day!! Hope you have a wonderful week!!! XXX

Sandy said...

Can't wait to see the lemonade you make with these lemons...LOL...what a job...bless your heart! I am sure it is very frustrating and I know the layout will be fantastic! hope your week is looking up and not at pinecones!