Friday, February 26, 2010

The Shortest Way To Heaven Is Through A Garden Gate

Hi everyone and happy Friday!  Here is my latest DT project for Frosted Designs. Their challenge this week is to use your own handwriting on your project.  I will admit that I never use my own handwriting on my layouts.  I don't like they way it looks. I was actually quite intimidated about this project.  I thought and thought about what I should do and came up with this garden layout.
I am so pleased with how it turned out!  All of the paper I used with the exception of the fence came from Websters Pages, Nature's Storybook.  I bought the paper a few months ago because I thought it was so pretty and planned on using it for one of my garden layouts.  All of the embellishments with the exception of the scalloped oval and pin, which are by Making Memories, I hand cut from the Webster Pages paper.  I hand cut the fence.  I used a lot of pop up dots and put my Tsukineko Chalk Ink to good use!  I also used my Cricut Storybook cartridge to cut out the frame for the photo. I also did a little stitching with my sewing machine.
 

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh my oh my oh my...this is fabulous GF...I love it...can I please come scrap with you...your pages are always always always to die for...I love all the embellishments...esp the little fence...i just picked up a little wooden picket fence...now you have my mind working...this is amazing!!!!!!!

Denise said...

Wow!!! Amazing details Debbie!! I love everything you've done here..just beautiful! I love the fence. You handcut that? What did u use for coloring? It looks so very real!! Wish I had half ur talent..this is just lovely!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

WOW!!! This is amazing, I think I will follow Sandy and come to your place! This is beautiful and the paper is WONDERFUL, you must have spent a lot of time handcutting many of the objects in this layout! My eyes just keep looking again and again. Love the fence and the little bunny at the gate. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

tania said...

this is oh so beautiful, your work is an absolute masterpiece.

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!
This is just amazing! What a beautiful LO, I mean it..beautiful is what comes to mind! I love the detail and how full this is..like a garden you could say!
And your handwriting is sweet too!
Really impressed with this!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, you handcut your fence? .. amazing ... well, looks like we need an SOUS flight to your house for some scrapping classes .. but let's wait til it warm adn you have flowers blooming LOL Love this one! Yummy WP and for this your handwriting is perfect! You're such an inspiration!

Fern said...

This is truly gorgeous!! The layering and colors are amazing... I love your work, Debbie!!
I have a blog award for you over on my blog!!
Have a wonderful day!!

Amy said...

This is such a beautiful layout Debbie!! I always enjoy your work. I've left you an award on my blog. When you get a minute, stop by and check it out. :-)

Andrea Amu said...

This is dripping with gorgeous details! I just bought some of those yummy Webster's papers over the weekend for my Garden pix too!