Friday, February 12, 2010

Everybody Loves A Clown

Hi everyone!  It is so nice to see a blue sky and some sunshine.  I live in Maryland, and this past week we were hit with two major snow storms, which dumped 50+ inches in my area.  Thankfully, I had finished my project before the snow hit.  Believe me, all I have done for the past week is shovel snow.  Here is my DT project for Frosted Designs. Their challenge this week is to use stars on your project.  I found this picture of my friend, dressed up as a clown for Halloween a few years ago.  I then remembered I had pictures of my kids from mothers day back in 2000, when they painted their faces up to look like clowns and put on a little show for me. I definitely wanted to use a circus theme on this layout.My pictures didn't photograph very well, seeing as we have had so much bad weather and very little sunshine lately.
The paper is from the K and Company paper stack, Wild Saffron.  For the top of the layout I cut out strips of red and white paper, inked them with some chestnut roan ink, and then used some large scalloped scissors I found at the dollar store.  I used several Cricut cartridges, Storybook, George and A Child's Year.  The frames are by Mind's Eye, and the balloons were cut using a Quickutz die.

6 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Wow... that is a lot of snow! We escaped with just under 7 inches! That is nothing compared to yours!
I left you a message over at the Frosted Designs post... but had to leave one here too! Love this LO! Fab colors and great job with the title!
Barb

Nanne said...

OMG!! I so love that layout.. That is so brilliant.. I love those paper layers, it looks so fabulous with the few embellishments that you added.. I'm in Aaaaaaw, really I am...
Hugs
Nanné

Sandi Clarkson said...

Debbie .. this is one of the most amzing layout that I've ever seen .. I'm just about speechless here .. that big top is the key to the success of the page! So clever!

Denise said...

This is such a fun amazing lo Debbie. Your work always amazes me!! I'm in awe of such talent!

Brens Designs said...

Oh My... That is so cute! What a fun layout! Love everything about it.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely awesome! This layout should be in a magazine, for real! I love everything about it, all the details, all the layers.

Corinna
Practical Scrappers DT