Friday, February 5, 2010

And They Call It Puppy Love

Hi everyone!  This is my DT project for the new challenge over at Frosted Designs.  This week's challenge is a valentine project using no pink or red.  Had to think awhile on this one.  No pink or red?  What to do?  I came across these pictures of my dog Zoey with my son and daughter.  The next thing I knew a title popped into my head.  The next step was to find some paper.  That took some time.  All of it was "old" stuff.  Feels good every time I use up some of the old stash.  Then everything fell into place.  I love the layout!
The paper I used is by Scribble Scrabble and SEI.  The frame by Karen Foster.  The cute little calendar came from Die Cuts With A View Farmers Market pack.  I used lots of stickles on this one, orange, yellow and cinnamon.  I cut the title from my Cricut Lyrical Letters cartridge.  Cut each letter three times, then layered them to give it a chipboard effect.   I  then covered them with cinnamon stickles.  The cute little butterflies I cut from the Paisley cartridge and the flowers from Walk in My Garden. I also used the Martha Stewart Loop border punch and Fiskars scallop border punch.  The adorable puppy and most of the little hearts are K and Company Ka-zoo. The  x's and o's are a Martha Stewart punch.  I used my sewing machine again.  Lovin the stitching! Added lots and lots of pop up dots for added dimension, and inked a lot of edges.

9 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

This page is just adorable. Love all the details and the colors too. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Adorable layout! Love all of the details!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Well, DEbbie, I was going to say adorable but it's already been used twice LOL. Fabulous title work, cute puppy and oh, I'm glad you sewed again. It does add so much! That WIMG flower is one of my faves .. and the blue background just makes everything pop. Hope you are all settled in for your snow. And don't catch cold again shoveling out!

Barb Craft said...

This LO rocks! I love it! You added so many perfect embellishments... and you used lots of Stickles! I love that stuff!
Barb

Christine said...

Great layout - all the detail is gorgeous!

Sandy said...

Wonderful wonderful page Debbie! I love all the stickles...the butterflies and flowers are tooooo precious...and I don't have either of those carts...hmmmmmm...see what you have done...lol....Your colors and papers are just fab and I love the pix. I love to use up stuff from my stash too....you rocked this one!

Andrea Amu said...

Great page... once more! Love the colors you went with and ITA, lately I've been all about using up the stash and it does feel good!
This is really adorable and I also love making my letters like that to make them look more like "Thickers". It's also fun to run them through the Cuttlebug to emboss the letters too!

Have a great weekend... and stay warm!

Unknown said...

Love it! Your papers and that little doggie is darling! Fantastic take on this week's challenge!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Tammy E. said...

Beautiful once again! That little doggie is adorable. So many gorgeous details!