Friday, January 15, 2010

Bundle Up!

I  came across some more old pictures and decided to do a layout of my son way, way back from 1991.  He was only 4 years old.  He was so cute, all bundled up playing outside in the snow.  He was so into dinosaurs back then.  Instead of building a snowman, he built snow dinosaurs.  He was so cute and I remember that day!  He had so much fun!  This layout did not photograph very well.  I will give it another try tomorrow in the day light.



I decided to give color blocking a try with this layout.  I see more and more of it in the galleries.  The paper I used was a winter stack I bought at Michaels last year by SEI.  I inked the edges of the squares with some chestnut roan ink.  I broke down and pulled out my sewing machine and stitched around the squares.  I definitely need to adjust the tension on my machine.  Haven't used it in years!  I used my Cricut, Cricut Design Studio and the George cartridge to cut out the frame around the large picture.


The title and mittens I have had forever.  Remember Rebecca Sower embellishments?  These embellishments are made of felt and were sold by EK Success.



I love the trim I used around the layout.  I bought several of these spools a few years ago at Joanns.  The "sweater" like rick rack is soft and reminds me of a pair of mittens.


The snowman I had in my stash.  Not sure who made it.  I did ink it a little to blend in with the colors on my layout.

3 comments:

Denise said...

WOW! This is truly amazing Debbie. I love the details you put into this. So pretty! I really love how ur ds did dinosaurs instead of snowmen..lol..that is too cute!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful page, Debbie. I agree that ricrac is fabulous! And I love the sewing. It is so much trouble to pull my mcahine out that I don't do much of it. But it looks so great on a page. Great emblellies!

Sandy said...

Another beautiful creation Debbie...I can feel the love just jump off your pages...our boys grew up about the same era and enjoyed some similar things...I left you something on my blog....stop by and pick it up!