Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Icicles

The weekend brought records amounts of snowfall in Maryland.  The area where I live had a total of 24".  We spend most of Sunday digging out.  End result, 7+ hours in the cold shoveling snow - a bad cold.  I have been home from work the last two days sick.  Am I ready for Christmas? No!  Shopping is done, however I still need to wrap presents, clean the house and finish baking cookies.  I am having my family over for Christmas Eve dinner, and back again on Christmas day. I wanted to share this picture of some icicles I took at the side entrance of my house. 

Unfortunately the forecast for Christmas is sleet. It is suppose to start out with sleet then change over to rain.  Here's hoping that the sleet starts early in the morning, so that my family will be able to make it over to celebrate Christmas.

Happy Holidays!!!

1 comment:

Sandi Clarkson said...

So sorry to hear that you are sick but I'm thinking to myself that this photo .. or others that you took of your 24" will end up on some fantastic layouts! Rest up! Think I'll run go do some baking!