Saturday, December 19, 2009

Feeding Frenzy

I found myself again looking through boxes of old pictures and came across one from 2000.  We had several bird feeders on our deck and made sure in the cold weather that the birds had plenty to eat.  I was fortunate to get a picture of several birds feeding.  Most of them are cardinals, and one of them is a  woodpecker feeding off a suet cake. The picture is not of the best quality since it was shot through the sliding glass door, but the end result is a real treat!

The paper I used is from the new paper pack by Me and My Big Ideas, and I also used some paper from My Mind's Eye Organic pack.  I used one of my favorite Cricut cartridges, Storybook to cut out the picture frame.  I also used Mini Monograms for the scalloped circle and George for the circle within the scallop circle. The title is Quickutz mini Studio alphabet.

I added some bling to the scalloped circle, as well as to the snowflake paper.  I used some large scalloped scissors to cut the border at the top.  Finished it off with some inking.

I love the large snowflakes on the page.  I found them at Target in the Christmas decoration section.

The greenery and red sprays I found at Michaels amongst the Christmas decorations.  I love how they look, but oh what a mess with all the glitter.  I added some Martha Stewart branch stickers, as well as some cardinals, pine cones, which I added some snow and holly leaves, again all by Martha Stewart. I have a large collection of buttons and found small snowflakes which I added some bling to the centers.

 


Happy Holidays!!!

1 comment:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Well, gosh, Debbie, you've had an exciting week! Two spotlights and now a near blizzard and to top it off a phenomenal layout! I adore all that added bling. You are so good at taking pix of everyday life. Love that about you!