Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Cookies

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  I had a lovely holiday and what made it so special was my family.  I am so fortunate that my  family lives near me and we are able to be together.

I finished this layout today and while I was working on it I thought of my kids when they were younger and decorated their special cookies for Santa.  My mom found the recipe in a magazine 55 years ago, and the cookies have been made every year since then.  My kids are  older now and do not help with the decorating, only the eating.

I used several different  papers on this layout; We R Memory Keepers, Merry & Bright, Die Cuts With A View Glittered Christmas Stack and K & Company Christmas Deluxe Stack. I also used several Cricut cartridges.  I used the George and Basic Shapes cartridge to cut out the large circle, then used the Cricut Design Studio to cut out a frame to go around the circle.

I used Joys of the Season cartridge to cut out the word Christmas


I used Winter Woodland cartridge to cut out the word Cookies and From My Kitchen for the pink matting.

and
Christmas Cheer to cut out the candy canes, and then added Stickles to them.  I used Xmas Red, Lime Green and Pink.

The scalloped die cut is from We R Memory Keepers.  I added some aqua velvet ribbon by Flair Designs, and some flat backed colored pearls, and then placed I red doily on top which I inked. 


All of the embellishments are from my stash. Most are by Jolees, Bazzill and Recollections.  I also had a big bag full of buttons and found the gingerbread men in there along with the gumdrops.   Some I have had for ages and it felt good to finally use them.  I also added some gingerbread men by Me and My Big Ideas.

 
The family traditions embellishment is from Bazzill.  I think I bought it 3 years ago.  I was delighted to see that it went with my layout.




 Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!  Now what should I work on next??

2 comments:

scrappingnana said...

Great layout. You did a lot of work on it. The cookies look yummy. TFS

Denise said...

This is scrumptious!!! I love it! What a great LO!! It's so colorful and actually reminds me of a cookie..lol I think it is just amazing!